The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Done With All 27 paintings!

Pin It I never would have thought I could complete 27 paintings in three and a half days but I am actually done! My husband says I really only need 25 but I opted to paint a few extra just in case. Much better idea than running up to my studio an hour before the dinner tomorrow night if we get a last minute add!
Crazy as it was, I learned a lot from this marathon challenge this week. No need to spend so much time "thinking about a painting". It is more important to just start painting! I think I will add aliz crimson to my limited palette. Such a wonderful color to add flare to a painting and I had a blast mixing with it. Of course it is all over my clothes, the phone, the light switch and my ipod!
Finally, when I was eight years old my mom told me that Christmas is a lot more special if you can be just as excited about giving gifts than receiving them. I listened to her advice and ever since I have turned December into a massive gift creating process ... handmade quilts, stained glass, cookbooks, advent calendars, comb cases (when I was eight), sewn outfits ... I have just about made every possible gift. And yes ... I have wrapped some that were incomplete ... ask my dad about the fabric hanging over a hanger. I am sure over the years many of them were duds ... but my family was always gracious upon receiving their homemade gift. I can't wait until tomorrow night as I can proudly say, these are the best homemade gifts yet!

21 comments:

Christine's Arts said...

Wow again!
These are gorgeous. Everyone will be so thrilled to get a personalized gift handmade by you. Your hard work paid off and hats off to you for enduring to the end, so to speak, you sure can be proud, I'm proud of you too. Can't wait to see each one.

Becky Brocato said...

Good for you! And they are just beautiful! Have fun at your 50th and especially giving these lovely party favors. I know your guests will just love them.

Carolina said...

You're incredible, Leslie! I just can't imagine how you did it! You must be a very hard worker!
You know, I would love to see a photo of your whole gallery altogether, I hope you could take a picture and show us, wouldn't it be great?
Oh, and I like the pink painting you posted here, beautiful color!

Melinda said...

Really phenomenal work! I hope you have the best birthday ever!

Great post from a truly kind and wonderful artist. Thank you for sharing your process.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday...it's going to be a memorable one for your guests. The paintings are gorgeous a definately from your heart :)

Shirley Peters said...

These look beautiful. I agree about Alizarin Crimson. A very useful colour.

Anonymous said...

Well done! And have a great day tomorrow... happy birthday:) r.

Sally Tharp said...

WOW! That is impressive! AND they are beauliful! Lucky party guests! Happy Birthday!

Roxanne Steed said...

WOW! What an 'epic journey'! This is so exciting to see & read about....EVERYONE will be celebrating your 50! It certainly will be memorable & what beautiful, heartfelt gifts, they will be treasured forever. CHEERS for another 50!

Leslie Saeta said...

I put all of the paintings in the clear boxes last night so I am going to try to take a picture of all of them together. If that doesn't work then I will make a montage of all of the individual photos I have of each of the 27 paintings. I promise to post on Monday!

Janet Ternoff said...

Happy Birthday Leslie!

Dana Cooper said...

Congratulations and happy birthday!
I love your addition of the alizeran crimson...the top painting is my favorite, beautiful!

Karen Bruson said...

Wow, Leslie! You are amazing! Happy Birthday! I would love to have seen the fabric hanging over a hanger.

Deborah Paris said...

What a terrific project and your paintings are just lovely. I'm sure your guests will be thrilled. Happy Birthday!

Nancy Laliberte said...

These paintings are beautiful! And what an accomplishment! As a fellow art Mom, you are very inspiring Leslie! Have a wonderful birthday and cheers to many more!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Really beautiful work. That is a very impressive number of paintings considering they are also solid works of art.

Pam Holnback said...

Leslie, you truly are amazing. Everyone of your boats in so wonderful. I especially love that you're adding aliz. crimson!! I look forward to seeing the whole series. And Happy Birthday! i know you and your guests will have a great evening!

Jane Hunt said...

I can't believe it - so impressive!!
Hope you have a great b-day:)

Carolina said...

Happy birthday Leslie! I hope you had a great celebration!

L.Holm said...

Phenomenal! You. Your paintings. Your life philosophy!!

Denise Rose said...

I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday! I was so amazed that you got all of your paintings done by your party that I forgot why you were doing them! Anyway, happy birthday a little late! I so enjoy viewing your work on your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails