The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Heading to the Beach

Pin It
"Heading to the Beach"
Oil, 8" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200.00 unframed.


I need to finish five Hawaii paintings by mid October and this is only the first. I love the colors, although it doesn't look like my photo came out that well. It looks much better in person! Maybe I will try to take another one.
I was lucky enough to be awarded the Kreativ Blogger award by Bobbi Heath. I am really touched that she passed on this award! You can find her blog here.

So ... this award requires me to tell you seven fun things about myself so here I go ...
1. I am crazy when it comes to multi-tasking. My latest trick? I listen to books on tape while I oil paint.
2. I am 5'11" tall (so that is at least 1/2 the reason why my boys are so tall ...).
3. I have four brothers and sisters.
4. I painted my first oil painting in 2005.
5. I have been in two emergency landings (both on American Airlines).
6. I love sports. My favorite tv channel is ESPN and I love Sportscenter. But my favorite tv show is and will always be ... Project Runway. Yes ... in my next life I will be a fashion designer ...
7. I truly believe I was put on this earth to be a mom. It is by far the best job in the world.

4 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

What a great list!!!
Love knowing a bit more about you, Leslie!!! Already knew one of them and could have guessed the last and most important, but it was still nice to read.

Hope to see you soon, busy lady!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely painting. If you click on it and look at the painting up close the brush strokes are wonderful.
JK

Gwen Bell said...

Great answers...so nice to get to know you better. 2 emergency landings? Yikes! Glad to know it hasn't stopped your traveling. Go get 'em! Love the 2 posts before this of the palms. The light coming through the fronds is so gorgeous.

Edward Burton said...

Very beautiful, leslie. That trail just seems to beckon. Congratulations on your award!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails