The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Calming Waters

Pin It
"Calming Waters"
Oil, 12" x 12"
$550.00
Click here to purchase.

I am gearing up to teach my third workshop in as many weeks. I feel so blessed to be able to share my passion for palette knife painting. Although I must confess that for me personally, I think my workshops are just as much about discovering and enjoying the "love of painting". It may sound corny, but all artists struggle to find that wonderful sense of joy when painting. Life tends to get in the way and when we bring "outside stuff" into the studio then "outside stuff" often ends up on the canvas. So I like to create a joyful experience in my workshops. We paint, laugh, spend tons of time color mixing, laugh, paint, eat and paint some more. 
This week I head to Newport Beach for four glorious days. Two will be spent inside covering basics such as color mixing, values and palette knife painting. The last two days will be spent painting on Balboa Island. Does it get any better than this? And one night I am cooking a gourmet dinner for my students. That will be fun. And yummy!
If you would like to attend one of my workshops, I have space after the first of the year, starting with my January workshop taught at my home in South Pasadena. You can learn more here. I'd love to share my joy of painting with you!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails