The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Christmas in Newport

Pin It
"Christmas in Newport"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200 unframed.

I thought it might make sense to try a boat painting with some lights ... for those of you that haven't seen the Newport Beach Christmas boat parade ... it is really fun and quite festive! So, even though this boat probably does not have enough lights to compete with the other decorated boats in the parade ... you can get the idea here.
And oh yeah ... Happy almost Halloween!

7 comments:

FitFoodieMegha said...

Wowwwwwwwww........those lights seems sparking. Wonderful effect you have created. The reflection of the boat and the colorful lights make a great combination foe this fantastic painting! :)

My first ever Glass Painting: Tinkerbell

Karen said...

I love the boat parade! We used to watch it from my husband's grandmother's house up above Balboa in those terraced streets. I miss that.
The composition of this one is striking...it commands attention!

Kathy Weber said...

Love the colors. Very nice work.

norapaints@blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful idea for a painting. Very festive colors in this painting.

Lisa Daria said...

Love the brushwork - Christmas already! You are right, maybe I'll plan ahead this year?! Nah.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

It looks like Christmas. I'd better start my letter to Santa.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Leslie, Love the Christmas lights! This would be great as a Christmas card! Beautiful painting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails