The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Having Fun in Hawaii

Pin It
"High School Steps"
Oil, 11" x 14" framed.
$950.00 at SoPas Gallery

This painting is part of my "Headlines" show. I am in Kona right now and have had an amazing time. I spent a few days painting and enjoying the beautiful scenery. My highlight of the trip was spending the afternoon with Darrell Hill. We met on facebook and I am a huge fan. He was kind enough to meet me at my hotel and he painted on the beach. I was in awe of every brushstroke. I met his lovely wife and enjoyed watching one of my favorite artists at work. His art is amazing!

5 comments:

Bobbi Heath said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! And this is a super painting, I spotted it immediately as yours on dailypainters.com.

I listened to one of your blog talk radio sessions the other night, one of those with Dreama, and it was excellent. You guys work well together, very informative. I have recommended it to several people. I am eager to join the call some time.

Anonymous said...

so jealous....but very happy for you. fabulous painting...Fabulous Show...everyone NEEDS to see it!!

Caroline Peña Bray said...

The crispness of the light really comes through in this painting, it's excellent! Glad you're having a great trip too!

Suzanne Roberts said...

I saw this on daily painters and knew it was your. I love your style. I just wanted you to know that I am following your radio talk blog...I'm hooked. It is so nice to know an artist that is willing to share. I amped up my blog and traffic is already increased. (www.Suzanne-Roberts.blogspot.com) thanks for the great tips on building a great blog.
Also Dreama is a great guest. I love her work as well.

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

This piece is beautiful.
One of my favorit.
Your work is amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails