The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Workshop - Day Two

Pin It

"Two Peas in a Pod"
Workshop demo painting, 12" x 12"
$550.00 unframed
Here I am beginning my demo of palette knife painting.
Stage three of the demo ...


After an amazing first day and very fun evening, on day two it was my turn to demo. When I taped up photos of the "boat photograph" on everyone's easels, there were quite a few dirty looks and comments that I was crazy to think they could all paint the scene ... let alone with a palette knife. But within a few hours I had successfully converted twenty amazing artists to "loosen up" and enjoy the thick paint and knife strokes. The day was absolutely incredible and everyone had so much fun. And with Dreama and myself visiting everyone's easels there was a large amount of time spent with each student! I was so impressed with the final results as there were 20 amazing palette knife boat paintings completed at the end of the day!

These are the completed paintings of the workshop attendees. Beautifully done!


At four o'clock that afternoon, Dreama and I raced home to prepare a dinner which consisted of crab cakes with lemon dill sauce for an appetizer and seared ahi with maple soy sauce (and flank steak) for the main course. Of course, homemade mud pie topped off the evening for dessert. Needless to say, we were all exhausted but very happy! And the dinner conversation allowed everyone the chance to talk about where they wanted to take their art and the exchange of ideas and suggestions was amazing!


The tables are set in my backyard for our second gourmet dinner!

10 comments:

Sleepyhead Designs Studio said...

Those look amazing-you must be a good teacher! Wish I could have come!

Paintings by Kadija said...

I LOVED day 2, and I LOVE my sailboat painting. You are such an unbelievable chef, I keep thinking about that Ahi with the Maple/Soy Sauce. Thank you so much for your generosity, in every way.

Theresa Paden said...

I learned so much and had such a great time! You are an incredible artist, teacher, and cook!

olivia said...

I love your touch ! Wonferful paintings... I am happy to discover your blog.

Mary said...

Wow! The student paintings are amazing, absolutely amazing. What medium are they, oil or acrylic? Last question - how much drawing ability did they all have prior to your workshop? I wish you two would come to Portland OR to teach!

Leslie Saeta said...

Mary - All of the paintings are oil. And a lot of the students had very little drawing training. Many of the students had painted less than five paintings and yet you can see from their finished works that they all did incredibly well!

Jerry Stocks said...

I also love my sailboat painting and the knowledge I gained from an incredible teacher while painting it. While walking my dog this morning, I spied a sailboat with a red hull tied up at the marina. I am on the way there to take pictures from every angle. Thanks again for everything.

Nancy Laliberte said...

Awesome palette knife paintings! Everyone should be so proud of themselves! Great job all around!

Bobbi Heath said...

Wow, the paintings look great! I'm going to have to get out my palette knife! I wonder how hard it will be without the great teacher...

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

The painting is especially striking! And you al fresco dining area looks amazing!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails