The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Trojan Day - SOLD

Pin It
Study for USC Commission
Oil, 12" x 12" 

I am very fortunate to have been awarded a commission for a new medical building for USC. The painting will be located in the lobby of a new USC medical building. So today I presented this small study to make sure we were on track with the right format, colors, etc. Fortunately I was given the ok to proceed with the larger peice, which is 40" x 40". Needless to say, it will be a busy month.
I was also very lucky this week to have been featured on a wonderful website titled "Fab Over Fifty". It's a feature about women artists (who are over 50 ... not sure why they picked me since I am 29 ... kidding ... it's true I am actually over 50 ...). I was featured because of my association with Daily Painters. It's a fun article and I would love it if you "liked" it or "shared" the article. Thanks!

8 comments:

Gabe said...

complimenti per tutto! ciao

martinealison said...

Mes félicitations mais très méritoire... très belle peinture...
Bisous

Deanna said...

Beautiful painting. I love the colors. Congrats on the feature! Heading over to take a look now.

Jerry Stocks said...

Love the article about you. Congrats on being chosen. This painting is great.

Christine's Arts said...

Congrats! what an honor.

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Congratulations, Leslie!!! Can't wait to see the 40 x 40 version, you probably can't wait to see it completed either:) Loved your feature in Fab over 50, and shame on Dreama for her dig at your age on the show:) Hope you have a sunshine filled weekend, and aren't carried away by a tsunami:(

Marian Fortunati said...

You are so amazing, Leslie!!

Janet Bludau Fine Art said...

Leslie,
How exciting for you to have such a large piece hanging at the school.
It's a wonderful piece - loving the color. Janet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails