The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Docked

Pin It

"Docked"
Oil, 8" x 8" 
$300.00 on canvas panel with display easel.
This palette knife painting of a small sailboat was completed this past weekend while I was in Balboa Island at a painting workshop with Darrell Hill. He is an amazing artist and has truly mastered how to "tell a story with as few brush strokes as possible".  I think Darrell's two favorite colors to paint with are orange and sage green - so we definitely agree on color selection! Darrel paints quickly because he doesn't over paint his paintings. His brush strokes are deliberate and his colors are pure and clear. He seems to have mastered a routine and style that allows him to create some of the most stunning paintings I have ever seen.  If you ever get a chance, take one of his workshops!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails