The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Almost Fruit Salad

Pin It


"Almost Fruit Salad"
Oil, 6" x 6" on museum quality canvas panel
$200.00 with display easel
Click here to purchase.
I have been in Atlanta all week teaching a workshop. There is something about the South and the artists down here that makes me want to come back again and again! I was so blessed with 14 wonderful artists in my workshop and we had an incredible time. Their paintings are amazing and our favorite slogans easily became "slap it on" and "painting shapes".  I am afraid we will all hear these sayings in our sleep for quite some time ...


On the first day we started with a value study which is great practice and a wonderful opportunity to practice palette knife painting. It is a lot about "icing the cake" and understanding texture and pressure with the knife. After we completed the studies we painted 6" x 6" small paintings ans had some fun with color. The completed paintings were simply amazing!

Tomorrow I will post our first 12" x 12" painting of sunflowers. We also managed to paint boats (I know ... shocking!) and had fun with the reflections in the water and on the shore. I know I will be back in Atlanta soon!






My webinARTs 101 on-line Marketing class starts in March. Be sure to sign up soon and use the discount code intro25 to save $20 on the registration price. The offer expires on February 16th!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails