The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Graduate

Pin It
Birthday Boat #24
Our oldest son will be graduating from high school later today. It is a funny time. I am trying not to be emotional but when I think of him heading off to college in the fall ... it is tough. We are so excited for him ... he is going to swim for Stanford ... so we know he will have an amazing four years! But the thought of our tall son (he is 6'7") leaving home ... it seems like yesterday he was heading off to kindergarten!
On another note, I held the drawing for my first painting giveaway and I am pleased to announce that Pam Holnback, who comments a lot on my blog won the painting. She was featured in my June newsletter also! Here is the painting she won.

6 comments:

Sandra Galda said...

Congrads! Yes, those transitions are so very hard! Many more good things yet to come!!!!

Carolina said...

Leslie,
You made me think about my kids all grown up and going to college (she's 6 and he's 4 still). That seems so far in the future, but yet I know (and can feel) time passing so quickly...
Congratulations on your son's achievements and all my best wishes for him and your whole family.

Arti said...

Congrats, Leslie, for your son...This is a pretty painting.Your style is lovely.

susan hong-sammons said...

Congratulations to your son! It's a mile stone.
I know what your feeling as I'm going through the same thing.
I love this painting. It gives me a feeling of calm well-being which is what I get when I near water.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Lucky Pam. Yes, the times, they are a changin' but, new horizons are in sight! Another great painting!

Marian Fortunati said...

Congratulations to you all. I'm sure this will be one of many proud times for you and the family!!

Can you believe this strange weather???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails