The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Chasing Light

Pin It
"Chasing Light"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200.00 with display easel.
Click here to purchase.

Painting workshops are where amazing things happen. Teaching a workshop is one of my favorite parts about being an artist. This week I taught a three day workshop in Ventura. We had five incredibly talented artists, beautiful weather in the high 70's and lots of time hanging in the beach house talking about art and marketing. And yes, we ate well too! I have lots of photos to share and paintings to post so stay tuned to my blog for the next week.

This painting titled "Chasing Light" is the first painting we completed on the morning of the first day. The carnation is a great subject matter for a lesson emphasizing values, temperature and palette knife strokes. And look at these completed paintings. Aren't they amazing?

Who knew we could have so much fun?

Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. I am now teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails