The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Nine

Pin It
"The Tree Topper"
Oil, 6" x 12" on museum quality panel
$450.00
Click here to purchase.

Thirty Things You Don't Know About Me

#9 - My favorite holiday is Christmas. 

December is my favorite month and I love the Christmas holidays! It all starts with my homemade advent calendar (actually  made six of them, one for each member of my family) and then most of the month is consumed by the cooking and party prep for our annual holiday party. (Dave and I host a party for 250 of our closest friends.) Twenty-eight years ago I cooked all of the food, when we had 30 friends, and that tradition hasn't changed. So cooking is something that happens almost every night in December at our house!

I have always made many of my Christmas gifts and I won't bore you with the long list (but some of them were actually really nice gifts!) Lately most of my gifts have consisted of my paintings. I love to shop for gifts and I love giving things away so be sure to check back in December for my annual "12 Days of Christmas" giveaway.

For me Christmas is all about family. We have a lot of traditions which include going to see the Christmas lights on St. Albans Street and having Dave read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to the boys on Christmas Eve. (He still reads it even though the boys are in their twenties!)

Our tree is decorated with very special ornaments. Many are from our travels but most were either handmade by the boys when they were little or ones I have purchased each year highlighting events in our lives.  I also have a lot of vintage ornaments awhich is waht inspired me to paint this painting.

What is your favorite holiday?

I have a few spots open in my South Pasadena workshop this month. We are painting large canvases and I would love it if you could join me! Click here for more information. Next week I am releasing my 2015 workshop schedule. I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information!

I am also offering Monday Online Studio painting classes beginning October 2014! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife!
Click here to sign up!

 www.dickblick.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails