The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Twenty Four

Pin It

"Parked in Ventura"
Oil, 12" x 12" on stretched canvas
$550.00
Click here to purchase.


Thirty Things You Don't Know About Me


#24 - We bought a house in Venura last summer. But neither of us knew anything about Ventura.

Believe it or not I had only been to the city of Ventura twice. And my husband had only been there once. I know you are thinking WHAT? You bought a house in a town you really had never been to? It may not make a lot of sense but we love the beach community in Ventura and every weekend we discover another reason why buying a house here was a great decision!

What do I love about it here? I love listening to the waves crashing every minute of every single day. I love the cooler air and sea breeze. I love the fact our street dead-ends at the ocean so there is never any traffic and noise. I love that there is no public parking on our street but that our driveway can hold six cars. I love that we ride our bikes to go out to dinner. I love that Ventura has an Antique Flea Market ... every week. I love that you can pick your own heirloom tomatoes a few miles from here. I love that our dog Sport can run on the beach and play ball and not get in trouble. I love that the wines from the wineries from nearby Los Olivos and Paso Robles are amazing! I love that it only takes an hour and fifteen minutes to get to Ventura from our house. With traffic, it's only an hour and a half. I love the fact when I pull in the driveway and open the car door I can feel the stress leaving my body immediately. And finally, I love the fact that my three boys, my husband and my dog love it here as much as I do. 

Next week I am releasing my 2015 workshop schedule. I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information!

I am also offering Monday Online Studio painting classes beginning October 2014! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife! Click here to find out more.
 www.dickblick.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails