The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Please help me name this painting! - SOLD

Pin It
"Please give me a name ..."
Oil, 6" x 6"
Sold.

So, I painted this painting today and was in the mood to use bright colors. Now, I know I am in a "bright colors" mood practically every day but if you could see the "inspiration photo" which was a VERY gloomy day, you might get what I mean! The only problem is ... this painting needs a title! There are those days ... and today is one of them ... when the creative side of me is GONE and I just can't be clever. I even took this issue to the experts ... my boys ... and the best they came up with were "Two Boats" and "Lemon and Orange". Hmmm ... boring!
Whoever comes up with the best name for this painting will win a package of note cards (and my shipment of new notecards just arrived a few minutes ago!). So please ... help!
I also wanted to mention I just had a wonderful lunch with two blogging buddies ... Laurie Allee, who takes amazing photographs and posts them on Glimpses of South Pasadena and Kathy Watson who has a great blog and will soon be featuring daily photos from Mammoth, CA. If you recall, Laurie's photos have served as a great inspiration for many of my South Pasadena paintings and today was our first chance to meet! We had a great time and thanks Kathy for putting this lunch together!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

"Spinach Harbor"

Gary Keimig said...

Nice cheery painting. How about WATERCOLORS?

L.Holm said...

"Snugged"

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Hmmm...."Sisters" I like or "Takin' the Day Off".

When do we get to see some of you big paintings posted here?? Would love to see some of the commissions you have been doing--with a body beside it for scale...:))

martinealison said...

"Sugar boats"... Best regards.

Caroline Peña Bray said...

How about 'Shoulder to Shoulder' or 'Cheek to Cheek'? They certainly seem to be 'Snuggled Up' nice and close!

Ralph said...

My thoughts on this one were, It is always nice to feel close. But I think there are other suggestions better than mine. I love the use of colour I am going to follow this blog in the hope of seeing more.

Erik van Elven said...

Kissing
Chit-chat
Boat-talk
Waiting for wind
Reflecting
untitled_1233
This painting will look great on your wall

Just a few suggestions :)

Debi Murray said...

I had a thought, but many are better than mine. I love Sugar Boats!

Carol Blackburn said...

How about "Fair Weather Friends".

Carol Blackburn said...

I also like "Snug Harbor".

CHRIS MURRAY said...

"Sail Away With Me"

Page Pearson Railsback said...

You might be too young to get this ..but I instantly saw the title as "The Bobbsie Twins"

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

"Happy together"
"Forever sail"
"No two are alike"

Nan Johnson said...

Love this painting, such color - wonderful. Only 2 names I can come up with are
"No Gloom Here" and
"Nothing Gloomy about it".

cissy Gray said...

Well, here are a few more!

Waiting for Godot
Morning Colors
Traveling Along
Over the Rainbow
Harbor Lights

A really great picture, and you have made me think more about the

importance of a title.

~cissy

Jen Beaudet said...

You've got so many great choices now! I was thinking "Just the Two of Us". I struggle with this myself. Jennifer:)

Anonymous said...

"Stuck Together"

BOB ANDERSON STUDIO said...

"Come here often?"

Clydetta said...

I would rather call it MINE !!! LOL & it wouldn't even have to have a name. they certainly have some good ideas..Very beautiful painting...

Anonymous said...

Another great paintings, Leslie.
How about 'Saeta Siesta'
Maggie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails