The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Red Sail

Pin It
"The Red Sail"
Oi, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200 unframed.


I am so enjoying my time at home with my four boys. We had lots of sports this weekend and wonderful times with friends. A perfect weekend! I decided to try to paint during the Laker game and this little painting came together pretty quickly. I am surprised it didn't come out purple and gold (and for all you Celtics fans ... those are the official Laker colors ...)!

9 comments:

Adventures in Art said...

Beautiful! Makes me want to go sailing.

Anonymous said...

this is a great lil' one. the red is fabulous!

Becky Joy said...

I do like the red! You certainly have an endless supply of boat scenes

Sandra Galda said...

nice bold color, always a joy to view! -- sounds like a great weekend!

Dewberry Fine Art said...

I love the red sail and the way the sail is off the canvas on two sides. Nice composition and of course, great color.

julie davis said...

Fun painting, Leslie. I love the color you always manage so well.

Marian Fortunati said...

Yeah... what's with that...??? I thought you bleed purple and gold!!!
Why not p & g boats???

Seriously, though... -- another wonderful boat!!!

Karen Bruson said...

Well, I have to say 'Go Celtics' but love the red sail.

Clydetta said...

Quite beautiful!! I love the red sail...so colorful...Just wondering do you sail alot...or just love the boats...I myself love your artistic talent!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails