The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Four

Pin It
"Hangin"
Oil, 6" x 6"
$250.00
Click here to purchase.

I am knife deprived.

When I packed my bag for the beach I put five palette knives in my art case. Five knives. Five large palette knives. For those of you that have studied with me, you will know I use a large knife and a small knife. Sadly, there were no small knives in my bag! But that's ok, I can still paint using only a big knife.
So what this really means is that I have to paint all of my paintings for the next few days using only a large knife. I will be painting without detail and the ability to maneuver tight areas with paint. So any detail in my paintings is out of the question. Uh oh ...

So today's painting looks a bit looser than normal. But it was fun. Challenging but fun.
Ok, so to be honest, it wasn't that fun. I cursed a bit at my stupidity for leaving my small palette knife behind. And tried about a million times to use a large blade for small detail without success. It was not fun.

But I am at the beach and very relaxed so painting every day is great. Even without all of my knives.
Not really. I was stressed out the entire time at my easel today and I am already stressing and worrying about tomorrow ...

I can't wait until tomorrow!
Not ...

Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. I am now teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails