The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

You Too Can be a Famous Artist!

Pin It
"Must Be A Sunday"
Oil, 10" x 8" on canvas panel
.
$350 unframed.

Today's post will address how important it is to have a website for your art.

I was driving out to the Women Painters Luncheon today and had a lovely conversation on the phone with my younger sister. (She lives in Virginia and we don't get to spend enough time together!) She shared with me a very adorable story. Her daughter, Erin (age 11) has to do a report on a "famous artist" and apparently she has selected me as her subject. Now, I know my newly developed art career is going well, but I do not think that I can be considered "famous" in the art world ... or even her middle school art class! Of course, when Erin explained to her teacher that she wanted to use me as her subject for the "famous artist" report, her teacher questioned just how famous I was. So naturally ... my niece insisted that they take a look at my website.

They pulled up my site (right there in the classroom) and ... her teacher decided my art looked good and approved the selection! Yippee!

Of course now I need to come up with some good research material about my "famous" art career. Hmmm ...

You might recall that Erin's art was featured on my blog back in August as I spent an afternoon painting with my nieces and nephew while we were at our family reunion. Go to http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/2009/08/lake-oconee-house.html to see their adorable art!

11 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

That is such a sweet story, Leslie...oh, to have anyone think you are famous, very cool!
Lovely painting too!!

julie davis said...

What a compliment, Leslie-you are totally deserving of that description! She's chosen well.
I like this one--the old Sesame Street "One of these things is not like the other..." comes to mind with the boat on the far left. :)

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Leslie--it's great to know you are not only doing something you love and doing a great job at it--you are also leading by example...you are showing it can be done!! Go Leslie!

Gwen Bell said...

What a great story! It's so wonderful that your niece looks up to you and admires you so much. That has to feel even better than being a famous artist! Love the painting.

FitFoodieMegha said...

You are definitely a great artist. I love your work. Erin is so sweet to name you as her subject! Well! she did the right choice...:)

Erik van Elven said...

Well with a 135 registered blog-followers and a 300+subscriber newsletter you can say you're famous! And when a schoolteacher says it is so then it's official. Great painting.

Roxanne Steed said...

Hey, they are the collectors of tomorrow - they will decide that & looks like they already have!! Who could dispute that? :-) Cheers to your fame!!

Mike@ahamoment.com said...

Hi. really enjoying the blog! Really glad I found it.
Reading your posts makes me think of a story Dianna sent us a while back.
She was told early on that a career in the arts was impossible, so went a different more financially secure route. Then a little later decided to "chuck it" and pursue her true passion -- art!
Check out here story at the link below. Hope you like it.
http://www.ahamoment.com/vote/dianna

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Lovely painting, lovely family story.

jesusest@gmail.com said...

nice boats.cheers

norapaints@blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful story and how proud of you your neice is. In her eyes you are a great artist and am happy the teacher agreed with her. I like your colors very much. They are very vibrant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails