The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Contemplation

Pin It
"Contemplation"
Oil, 6" x 6"
$200 with display easel.
I made a list this morning of all of the things I have to do before I leave for my Atlanta workshop with Dreama ... and basically I can do nothing for the next 11 days but paint. Somehow I have managed to take on four commissions which all need to be finished before I leave. And I have two paintings that are finally dry that need to go to Randy Higbee's for framing. Whoever thought life as an artist was relaxing and simple was nuts!
Dreama and I start our workshop in Atlanta on February 10th. We just had another artist sign up yesterday so we are almost full. It's still not too late to rearrange your schedule and join us. Dreama and I sent out a letter to all of the workshop participants earlier this week and I think this statement really sums up what you can expect from our workshop:
"Bring your questions, answers and open minds. Be ready to push yourselves and get out of that so called “comfort zone”. Ask any questions, even the one you never had the courage to ask. Be ready to talk about your art, as we will have two wonderful evenings to get to know each other, brainstorm and talk about anything you want to talk about. These three days will be about you. And we can’t wait!"
Don't miss out. We would love it if you could join us!

4 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Leslie,
Love this one- simple and beautiful! Sounds like the name is appropriate with all that you have going on! Joining in on the countdown to Atlanta!

Lisa Whitener said...

I can't wait for the Atlanta workshop. I think I'm way out of my league, but I'm going for it anyway. I've never painted with oils, and am an amateur in acrylics. I've got my supplies, time off from work, hotel booked, and am counting the days. Looking forward to meeting and working with everyone.

Leslie Saeta said...

Lisa - You are not out of your league, I promise! Dreama and I use a step by step demo process and I rpomise you will be happy with your paintings! Oils are not hard to work with and they are very forgiving.
So ... 14 more days!

Marian Fortunati said...

I can certainly vouch for your part, Leslie... The workshop is bound to be wonderful...

Just don't wear yourself out before you leave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails