The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Tranquility

Pin It
 "Tranquility"



Oil, 6" x 6" on museum quality canvas panel.
$200.00 with display easel.


Close-up of palette knife strokes
Next time we film a commercial at my house and the producer says they want to throw eggs at my front door ... please remind me to say no. What seemed like a simple request, and actually included a promise to re-paint my front door if needed, turned into eggs not only being thrown at my door ... but also the front of the house and ... um ... inside my house. Apparently someone came up with the idea that the scene would be much more effective if the eggs were thrown not only at my front door but also at the person answering the door ... and subsequently inside the house. Even though they were told "absolutely no" they did it anyway. So, the bad news is my house has a lot of egg on the outside ... and on the inside of the house. The good news is the painters will be here on Monday to start re-painting everything. So, other than the rotten egg smell in my house, it will actually look better than it did before we filed the commercial. But, no eggs ... ever again.
We have filmed a lot of movies, TV shows and commercials at our house and I am usually pretty easy going. A friend asked me tonight .. so do you ever say no? Let's see. I said no to CSI when they wanted to film a murder scene in the living room with blood everywhere and the kids were maybe ... ten years old. And another time they wanted to use our house for the movie about the Zodiac killer with Robert Downey Jr. The scene was going to be about the only victim that survived one of the attacks. When I asked why they weren't filming the scene in San Francisco, the location scout told me everyone was afraid to film it at their house since they never caught the killer. Needless to say ... I passed on that one too.

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Quelle aventure dites-moi! La suivante, celle avec la réception des peintres est moins dangeureuse et j'ai hâte d'en avoir des nouvelles...
Bises

Gabe said...

divino! quanta pace si respira è un toccasano per il corpo e la mente
ciao

Anonymous said...

hmmmm.....whats that smell wafting over the trees? lovely piece today (love the title)

Marian Fortunati said...

So maybe I've seen your house before in movies, huh???

Amazing, the things you do, Leslie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails