My Top 2010 Paintings
I thought it might be fun to post my top 2010 paintings ... this is based on blog hits, input from the Twelve Days of Christmas Giveaway and of course, my own personal opinion. I'm curious if you agree!
I am also posting my goals for the year. Last year (2010) was a great year for me and my family and a wonderful year for my art. We'll see where 2011 leads us ... Happy New Year!
- Continue to share my #1 Marketing Tip for the year - "Always Help Your Fellow Artists".
- Paint ahead.
- Expand the subject matter of my paintings by selecting a “theme of the month” to paint.
- Create a photographic area in my studio that allows me to photograph my paintings in a consistent manner. Include in all blog posts a “close up” photo of each painting.
- Create a 2011 marketing plan. This includes “birthday giveaway” and “12 Days of Christmas” promotions as well as my monthly newsletter.
- Art Licensing – set goals and pursue every month.
- Demo videos – film at least once a week. Create and post a video every month.
- Create a “First Monday” schedule that will be done the first Monday of each month. This checklist will help me keep up to date with website and blog uploads, press releases, testimonials, workshops, sales, imagekind uploads, etc.
- Set up a Shipping and Packing area in my studio to simplify the shipping process.
- Create a year-long exhibition schedule based on 2010 experiences. Schedule paintings accordingly. Enter at least 10 exhibitions.
- Continue taking classes and workshops from artists I admire.
- Schedule solo and group exhibitions for the entire year.
- Develop and teach six palette knife painting workshops.
- Paint plein air AT LEAST once a week. Also take a plein air “painting trip”.
- Develop a “client appreciation” program for the year.
- Add 20 new contacts to my mailing list every month.
- Create a video for my blog and website at least once a month (in addition to demo blog). Use videos to promote my art.
- Offer at least two on-line marketing classes.
- Promote “Artists Helping Artists” and expand weekly listeners to 2000.
- Sell 25% more art than the previous year in 2010.