The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Balboa Afternoon - SOLD

Pin It
"Balboa Afternoon"
Oil, 12" x 12" on canvas panel.
Sold.

I spent all day Sunday at the Balboa Artwalk. It's a one day show on Balboa Island in Newport Beach featuring 100 artists with booths all lined up on the boardwalk. So if you can imagine, our booths are set up in front of the sand and beach right behind us. How cool is that? thousands of people visit the artwalk and for me, an artist who loves to paint boats, it is the perfect way to spend the day.
Sales were amazing and I just feel so fortunate to find new people that want to put my art in their homes. I did a drawing for a small painting and have 56 new names to add to my mailing list. I was really surprised at the number of artists that came by and I met a lot of artists who I had met on facebook but never face to face. How cool is that!
I painted this painting during the Artwalk as a companion piece to "April Afternoon". It's actually the left side of the larger photo I used for "April Afternoon".  I really enjoy painting during a show as I think it creates a great conversation piece. The same collector bought both paintings so I will deliver this one later in the week when it is a little less wet.
If you are an artist in the Southern California area you should think about signing up for the Balboa artwalk next year. It's a terrific show.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails