The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Everyday Life of a Working Artist - Me!

Pin It
"Winter Day", Oil, 12" x 12"

I have been really bad about posting regularly on my blog for quite some time. Ok, more than quite some time. It's actually been a couple of years. I have known for awhile that my blog posts and facebook posts were pretty much covering the same material. The exact same stuff. Unfortunately whenever there is duplication in my life I just stop one of them. Hence, no blog posts. (There is one exception ... January and September while I am doing the Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge and my 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway.) For the other 293 days I have ignored my blog (that's assuming I did the math right).

I thought about deleting my blog altogether. (Well not really, I just put that in for a dramatic effect.) But then I realized it just needed a new focus. And I do have something I have wanted to share about my life for a long time. After much thought (ok, after about 25 minutes of thought) I have officially "re-branded" my blog. My blog has been renamed "The Everyday Life of a Working Artist". And yes, that working artist is me.

I have a tendency to take on a lot of projects in any given week.  I frequently get emails and comments inquiring as to how I get so many things done in a day. I have decided it is time for me to tell it all. The good and the bad. (To be more specific, the good is my accomplishments. The bad is the craziness, stress and things I don't ever get done*.)

My NEW blog will now reveal all of my deepest and darkest secrets. That includes all of my ideas, both the good and even the really bad ones (because I don't usually figure out they are bad ideas for quite some time). I will share how I manage my time, my schedule and all of my tips to organization. I also intend to talk about my insane daily schedule that I am 100% responsible for. I will also share how I tend to "shed" things (you will learn what this means in another blog post. It's a super important part of being successful.) And you will understand how one of the most gratifying parts of my day is crossing off items on my to do list.

My goal is to blog all of the time instead of none of the time.

If you want to learn how to get a lot more accomplished in a day then you might want to follow my blog. It will be a crazy ride but I think you will learn a lot. And don't feel sorry for me as I am doing this all to my self. Since I am my own boss, no one is making me do all of these things. Except me.

Here we go.
Leslie

*Just a note about the "things I don't get done". In reviewing my goals for 2015 my top goal was to write my Marketing Your Art book. To be honest, I don't recall ever making this my goal for the year. Just so you know, the number of words written in my book for 2015 was zero. Yep. Pathetic. See, it happens to all of us.

And ... more big news! My blog will be moving to my website very soon. So you should follow me here in the future!

I have a lot of great workshops scheduled in 2016. I will be teaching in Cape Cod, Atlanta, Richmond, South Pasadena and Ventura. Click here for more information! I am also offering Online Studio painting classes every month. Join me each month as we paint traditional oil paintings and abstract paintings with a palette knife. Click here to sign up.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails