The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, March 9, 2009

More Reflections

Pin It
Reflections IV, Oil, 6" x 8"
This painting is not for sale because I don't like it! It is still a work in progress ...

I spent a lot of time this weekend doing "art things" as my husband referred to it. I went to the Verdugo Hills Art Association meeting on Friday night, saw a wonderful abstract demo and actually won the "Artist of the Month" award for my Rooster painting, which is in a previous post below. It was my first meeting, so that was a surprise. Yesterday I went to the San Gabriel Fine Arts Association meeting and saw another presentation by Roderick Smith about his travels and watercolor paintings in Alaska. I won the raffle, so I took home the demo watercolor painting!
Today on my blog I see I have been awarded the "Fabulous Blog Award" from R. Garriott. I am quite honored and really appreciate the recognition. The rules for the Fabulous Blog Award are: You must pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post receiving this award.You must include the person giving you the award and link it back to them. List 5 of your Fab Addictions in your post. Copy and Paste the rules in the post. So it is my honor to pass this award on to five of my favorite bloggers:
1. Laurie Allee at Glimpses of South Pasadena. When I first started my blog she was the first person to mention my blog and she really encouraged me to keep it up! Her photos are amazing and have inspired many of my paintings!
2. Marian Fortunati at On Painting Daily by Marian Fortunati. She also has been wonderful and I love her blog and paintings.
3. Robin Cheers at A Painter's Journal. I love her paintings and I think the fact that she does "live" wedding paintings is about the coolest thing I have ever heard of!
4. Karen Winters at The Creative Journey. I have bothered her more than any other artist for advice so thank you Karen! Your paintings are lovely!
5. Karen Jurick at A Painting Today and Different Strokes from Different Folks. Her blogs are a true inspiration. Her challenges are fun and I am going to finally enter one this week! I love her museum themed paintings and she is amazing!
6. Dori Dewberry at Dewberry Fine Art. She ia a great painter.
Finally, this painting was a quick one ... wanted to get it posted before I head back to jury duty! I don't like it at all ... but I am going to post it here anyway. Just to prove that I am NOT HAPPY with all of my paintings!

7 comments:

Jill Berry said...

Wow! Congratulations on all your winnings. Carry on with your "art things". I better get back to the easel, I'm suddenly feeling unproductive.

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

So many winnings, congrats!
I love this last one so beautiful, great colors.

Billy Guffey said...

Hi Leslie. Just found your blog. Some really beautiful stuff here! I started trying to paint with the knife a little over a month ago and like it a lot.

Congrats on the awards.

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Hey, congratulations! With all the positive things happening to you lately maybe you should buy a lottery ticket.

I know you are unhappy with this painting but you might be seeing more than those of us that follow your blog do.

Marian Fortunati said...

Wow... thank you Leslie... I'm honored!!!

First.... I don't know WHY you don't like that painting. I like it but I would be very interested to know WHAT it is you don't like about it.

Second.... So what's the deal with the FAB addictions??? I'll wait to hear yours first.

Thanks again.

Marian Fortunati said...

Oh... and congratulations on your very well-deserved award!!

Laurie Allee said...

Congrats, and thank you Leslie! I'm so excited to see how your blog has taken off. Your talent needs to be seen by the whole world. Keep up the great work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails