The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sushi Anyone?

Pin It
I finally decided to try Karin Jurick's weekly challenge entitiled Different Strokes from Different Folks. Basically she posts a photo and different artists submit a painting of the photo. This week's picture was a photo of sushi. I used really thick paint and did this quick one this morning. It was fun and I am glad I tried something different!

7 comments:

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

This makes me want Sushi for lunch.
Happy you joined the group.
Great painting!

Janelle Goodwin said...

Hi Leslie, Wonderful thick, juicy strokes. It's as fun to look at as it probably was for you to paint it!

Kim VanDerHoek said...

You painted fun and happy sushi. Your knife work and colors add a whimsical quality to this painting. Love it!

dacoop said...

Love the thick paint, it looks like fun!

Karen said...

Okay, you're all making me want to do the DSDF challenge now...because all these sushi paintings are so cool!
I love love love the thick paint in yours.

Marian Fortunati said...

VERY COOL!!
It's so you!!
I hope I have time to try this one when I get back. Karen always gives us such interesting challenges!

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks guys. I did this painting in less than an hour and I am afraid it shows. But it was fun and I made a promise when I was painting it - only one knife stroke allowed on the painting! That worked until I got to the sauce ... and it shows because that is the part that I struggled with.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails