The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Eleven

Pin It
"Uplifting Tides"
Abstract, 24" x 26" on gallery wrap
Available

Given the wonderful response from all of you on my painting from yesterday it looks like I will be spending more time on representational abstracts! Today's painting is one of my wild palette knife paintings. Maybe I should limit my palette and call it "Beach Colors". I seem to gravitate to this palette often. I hope it's ok. Because I absolutely love these colors!

We are in Hawaii cheering my son who plays volleyball for UC Irvine. I had an incredibly busy week last week painting and "getting ahead" in the 30 in 30 Challenge so I could head out of town for a few days. Hint: getting ahead in this challenge is a really good thing. It is one thing that will keep you insane. But I do know how hard it is!

I have a workshop next week in South Pasadena that has a few spots open. It's titled "Discovering Color" and it will dramatically enhance your skills at changing color palettes when you paint! It's still not too late to join me. Click here for more information.

Check out my 2015 workshop schedule! I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta, Charlotte and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information! I am offering Online Studio painting classes every month! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife! Click here to sign up! www.dickblick.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails