The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Three

Pin It
"Soothing Tides"
Acrylic, 36" x 24" on gallery wrap
$700.00 - Available
Click here for more information.

I love painting abstracts! I have discovered something very interesting these past few days. For me there is little or no pressure painting abstracts. (It's much more stressful when I paint one of my palette knife oil paintings.) The paintings just flow and they take you in an unknown direction. It's really fun and exhilarating. 

This painting is larger (have I mentioned that I love painting larger?) and you can probably guess that I was thinking of the beach when I painted this one. It's been so darn cold in South Pasadena that I think I painted this one to warm up! If it doesn't sell it is definitely going in our beach house!

My goal for the next thirty days is to experiment with these abstracts and eventually adopt a particular style that is harmonious with all of my abstract paintings. I am really excited about this journey.

It's hard to believe we have over 1200 artists (1227 to be exact) participating in the January 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. There are so many incredible paintings appearing on Facebook and on my blog.  It's so much fun to see them all! Please take some time to look at all of the wonderful artwork! Please be sure to include your name in the "link title" when you post your photo. That will help identify you as the artist. And, use the hashtag #jan30in30 when posting!

Check out my 2015 workshop schedule! I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta, Charlotte and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information! I am offering Online Studio painting classes every month! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife! Click here to sign up! www.dickblick.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails