Today was one of those days ... I spent the early morning hanging ten paintings for a show in San Marino at Studio Physique. When I got home and signed on to my blog I find that I have been awarded three blog awards today. What a nice surprise!
The first award titled "A Passion For Painting" (appropriate title for my blog!) came from Liz Holm who is a multi-talented painter. She has oil, pastels and watercolors on her blog. She does wonderful portraits but be sure to check out her watercolor rose. I think the most incredible painting on her blog is the painting called Look Up. Absolutely stunning. This award, created by Kim Ratigan, requires the recipient to list 7 things we love, and to pass the award along to another 7 passionate painters.
Irit Bourla also gave me this award. She has a wonderful blog titled Paintings By Irit Bourla. She is a self taught artist and features people in most of her paintings. The colors she uses are wonderful.
So, I need to list the seven things I love. That's easy ...
1. my husband and my three sons.
2. that wonderful feeling you get when you look at a just completed painting and wonder "how did I paint that?".
3. my newly completed craft room (and new master bath and closet!).
5. watching my boys play sports ... even if it means driving like a maniac to three different games on the same day, at the same time, at three different locations.
6. my extended family. I am blessed with four amazing siblings and parents who raised us all to always strive for the best and enjoy life to the fullest. My husband's family is also wonderful.
7. my motto - "always enjoy every day ... because you only get once chance to enjoy today!"
I was also nominated for a Lemonade Award. This award came from Kathleen Krucoff who has a wonderful blog titled Reflections of a Glass Artist. Her work is amazing and she makes the most wonderful jewelry. Be sure to check out her blog! A Lemonade Award is given to bloggers that show a positive attitude and gratitude. I think it also exemplifies people who have a willingness to share their ideas, support and online friendship.
So ... the seven blogs that I nominate for the "A Passion for Painting Award" are:
1. Elusive Hues by Oriana Kacicek - the Tiffany boxes she paints are the most incredible paintings. One of these amazing paintings was my first painting purchased from a blog and I love it! You should see the Peanut Butter and Jelly painting my sister in law bought!
2. Carol Marine's Painting a Day - what can I say? She is only 30 years old and brilliant. Still hoping she will teach a workshop in So. Cal. soon!
3. Karen Bruson - I found her through a link somewhere and I love her paintings. The colors (exquisite blues, reds, pinks, etc.) are amazing. I had guessed that she had studied with Carol Marine and I was right! Be sure to click on her blog!
4. Painting My Way Through Life by Marc Hanson. Marc taught me everything I know! His stories about painting in the Minnesota winters are priceless. I like to tease him about So. Cal. weather ...
5. Bill Guffey. He inspired me to try my new "underpainting" technique. Now, I know this has been used for centuries and I am a bit behind ... but thanks for the inspiration!
6. Marian Fortunati is a very talented painter with a very fun blog. I love her comments and she is a huge inspiration to me!
7. John Harrell - I love his reflections in his paintings!
I will nominate ten blogs for the Lemonade award tomorrow ... I promise!