The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, May 11, 2009

And Yet Another Version

Pin It
Waiting to Sail, Oil 11" x 14"
I had a request for this painting and so I used the same composition as the original but different boats and colors. I like the final outcome!
Mother's Day was wonderful as I was able to spend to brunch with my family - so nice to be with my mom. Then my husband and boys cooked me a fantastic dinner. I also managed to sneak in about three hours of gardening ... so it was wonderful!

11 comments:

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

i love this one. so beautiful.

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks Irit! I know I keep painting this composition and it is probably time to move on ... but couldn't resist!

Becky Brocato said...

Very nice. And I love to garden too! I have tomatoes and a few herbs.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Very interesting how your palette changes the painting! I really like your pinks and greens in this one, though I liked the others, too. Fun to play around with color!

Victor Bauer said...

Wonderful colors and composition.

Terry Lee Lash said...

I'am very new at this 'twitter' stuff and this is my 1st comment to anyone but I just had to tell you how much I enjoyed your site and your paintings. I love the wonderful, bright colors you choose to use in all of your paintings. You appear to be a very happy, cheerful person! Also, I used to live in Azusa and love Pasadena & the San Gabriel Mtns. etc. Sure miss those years! Will be following your career in the future!

Art with Liz said...

Hi Leslie! Another incredible artwork - you seem to excell in water themes ... and everything else you put your hand to.

Sally Shisler said...

Another kickass painting Leslie. You are without a doubt a palette knife master! You seem to have things planned out pretty thoroughly before you start. I'll bet your home is in tip-top shape too! So inspiring!

Sandra Galda said...

Ooooh love this one too. I always love the color combos you have, the pure color and strong strokes. I am glad you had a good mother's day!

james martin said...

Beautiful painting and technique Leslie! From a fellow Art Center survivor. -James Martin PS thanks for the comment on my blog!

Denise Rose said...

Very striking and eye catching! I love your artwork and am so inspired by the freshness of your paintings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails