The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Twenty One down and Only Seven More to Go!

Pin It It is 10:30 am on Thursday and twenty one paintings are finished! I do think that I am going to finish this crazy painting marathon. I am getting so excited to share these "gifts" with all of my friends. I even went to bed early last night because I was becoming the "mad woman with the palette knife"! After a good night's rest I have decided I am going to finish today. So ... 28 paintings in three and a half days ... I never would have believed it!
It's funny too that so far all of them have turned out. No scraping needed and there is only one that I am not crazy about. It is still taking me about an hour to complete each one and I am finding that I am now starting to venture out with new colors and having more fun! I promise to take a picture of all of them when they are completed and I will post the photo tomorrow - so you all know that I really did finish! I will then continue to post two of the paintings a day ... which will give me some time to work on larger paintings for the upcoming Gale's show.
Thanks again for all of your encouragement.


15 comments:

Christine's Arts said...

That single sailboat on top is so soothing. great job.

Marian Fortunati said...

I'm curious, Leslie... Do you have the person in mind when you paint the painting or will you just give them to them randomly??

I congratulate you on both setting such a daunting task and meeting it.... Also congratulations on your upcoming birthday!!

KEITH PROCTOR Painting blog said...

Leslie
To paint so much in such a short time and to make a good job of them is outstanding.
Can you still stand up .
WELL DONE

Leslie Saeta said...

I am still alive, still standing and happily painting away! Only five more to go ... and I still have most of the day left. I am wearing my reading glasses now ... must be because I turn fifty in a week! Or almost blind from looking at my easel ...

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

I love the 3 boats. Where do you get the ideas? Endless options.
Great Leslie.

Joe Kazimierczyk said...

Leslie, you're insane for even thinking of this project, but I'm really impressed with the results! The painting with the 3 boats is really gorgeous - I wish I was a friend at your party so that I might possibly be getting this one. :) Beautiful work!

Jala Pfaff said...

Love your color combo on that top one!

Ann Rogers said...

Love the colors and technique with the palette knife. And what a goal to set for yourself, you put the rest of us to shame...or should I say that you set a good example! Looking forward to the upcoming posts.

Melinda said...

You are incredible! I am so impressed with your work and your energy. These paintings are consistently good, so, you must be very proud of yourself!

Fifty is the new forty, right?!

Edward Burton said...

You paint such wonderful sailboats, Leslie - I love the solitary orange sail one.

Sandra Galda said...

wow you have started a NEW TREND!!! Instead of daily painting you are an hourly painter! I am impressed---I think I would have fell over by now. Just had to say how nice these images are here. I think this was a really interesting activity!

Carolina said...

That sailboat is VERY beautiful! One of my favorites...

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Congratulations, finishing all those paintings in such a short amount of time is a big accomplishment! I'm sure the recipients will love their beauty plus, the effort that went into them.

Diane said...

Just found you... I love your work ... especially the boat at the top of this particular post.
The colors are fabulous and the composition is wonderful.

Diane said...

Is that painting for sale ? And if so for how much?
Diane -- stopandsmile@mac.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails