The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Calling All Artists

Pin It Quite some time ago I mentioned how excited I am that I have scheduled a solo show at one of my favorite restaurants in Pasadena, Gale's Restaurant. Gale's is wonderful ... authentic Italian cuisine and the owner, Gale Kohl is simply amazing. My show will be held from July 13 - September 15, and the Opening Reception will be July 19th from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Please mark your calendars!
Not only does Gale feature artists in her restaurant but every year she holds an amazing event called A Taste of Art. This year's event will be on June 1st and all proceeds will benefit the Ronald McDonald House. I would personally like to ask any artists out there to consider donating a painting for the auction. This is for a wonderful cause and please email Gale at gale@galesrestaurant.com if you are interested. She is collecting donations this week so if you can spare a painting, please act quickly! To find out more about the event, or to purchase tickets, click here.

4 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Well, I certainly hope I get the opportunity to see your show. I'm an old man - any chance of a reminder just before opening?

Heidi Malott said...

Hi Leslie, Thank you for stopping by my blog with your kind words. I enjoyed checking out your work. I like your fresh colorful approach.

Dean Grey said...

Leslie!

Congrats on the upcoming solo show!

Thanks for posting the "A Taste of Art" charity event info as well.

This is all making me excited and hungry at the same time!

-Dean

Marian Fortunati said...

I knew it was going to be Gale's when you mentioned the restaurant. Good for you!! The restaurant is fun with great food and she does a really really fabulous reception!!
And I already did donate a painting for her good cause!! Good for you for letting people know and good for her for doing it!!
She's a class act, that's for sure.
I'll try to come by... (Went by VIVA Monday to see your paintings... forgot it's closeed until Wednesday... Oh well.. maybe I can swing by later in the week.)
CONGRATS!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails