The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

30 in 30, Day Eighteen

Pin It
"The Patch"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel
$200.00 with display easel.
Click here to purchase.

I had no idea how much fun a "paint and stay together" workshop would be. To be honest I was nervous. I worried if the artists would like the house, how well everyone would get along and if they would all be sick of me at the end of the day! But truthfully ... it's been amazing.

Sitting around the house (after a long day of painting) while enjoying a beautiful ocean view and talking about art is wonderful. Artists are unique individuals. They are caring, creative and awesome. I love this. It's fun, invigorating and something we should all do more often.

I painted a few paintings when I first arrived in Virginia Beach for the Challenge, so I could stop feeling pressured (ha!) and focus on the workshop and my students. This painting is based on a photo I took of a huge pumpkin patch located right down the street from our beach house in Ventura. I know where I will be buying my pumpkins next month!

Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Carmel, Indiana, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

2 comments:

Wendy Barrett said...

I love the pumpkins Leslie! I'm so enjoying hearing about your beach house and the current workshop you are doing. It all sounds wonderful.
Thanks again for this challenge - it is so rewarding!!

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks Wendy! I am so glad you are enjoying the challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails