The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, February 2, 2009

A Haven for Ice Cream

Pin It
A Haven For Ice Cream, Oil, 8" x 10"
The other night I was telling my kids at dinner that it would be nice if they would post on my blog every once in a while. I explained to them that it makes me feel like someone is reading it if comments are left on the blog. (Actually, I do know that people are reading my blog because I can tell on Feedburner that I average about 50 hits a day ... but you get my point.) Sure enough, about 20 minutes later I see a new comment posted on my blog. It reads "Mom, we're out of ice cream". Pretty funny ... at least I know that my boys listen to me. And I really shouldn't complain. Because, you see, we actually were out of ice cream. So ... speaking of ice cream ... I have been wracking my brain trying to come up with a painting for my oldest brother and his wife for a Christmas gift (yes ... Christmas ... as in last December ... there is no way I am that organized and planning eleven months ahead on my gifts this year). Anyway, my brother and his family spend a few weeks every summer in South Haven and I always wanted to do a painting from there. They already have paintings of the lake house, so I thought I would paint one of my favorite local spots (and theirs!) called Shermans Dairy Bar. They serve fantastic ice cream and although I haven't been there in sixteen years ... I still remember it! So, "Merry Belated Christmas". I hope you like the painting and that it reminds you of wonderful, hot summer evenings and dripping, yummy ice cream. And boys ... I bought ice cream today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails