The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Balboa Market

Pin It
Balboa Market, Oil, 8" x 10"
This painting is
for sale.
We spend a week every summer in Newport Beach and we love to wander down to Balboa. I adore this little market and thought I might try to paint it. We have dear friends who have the most adorable home on Balboa island. They call it the "barn" and I would love to paint it (so send me some pictures, ok?). I am actually thrilled with the way this painting came out and with the weather we are having ... I wish we were at the beach. I love Southern California!

4 comments:

Laurie Allee said...

Wow, I have a lot of great posts to catch up on! I love this painting in particular... I love the beach, too!

Billy Goat #2 said...

Leslie - Your art is beautiful! And nothing beats a day at the beach!

Billy Goat #2 said...

hmmm, I obviously haven't posted before...anyway this is Susie Gillespie!

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks Laurie. It's funny how I can sit at the easel and never know if the finished painting will bee a "keeper" or not. But I do like this one.
Billy Goat #2 - Hey there Susie! So glad you found my blog. I know Aileen forwarded you the "Haven for Ice Cream" post. Great to hear from you as it has been WAY TOO LONG!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails