The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Holy Cow!

Pin It
Holy Cow, Oil 12" x 12" Sold
Continuing with the "palette knife" emphasis, I chose to post this painting today as I think it also portrays some good knife work. This painting has very thick paint and I need to remember to continue using lots of paint. Lately I have been using less paint and more detail so this is a good reminder that thick and loose is fun to paint! And I still only use a palette knife to paint ... no brushes!
The sun is finally out today so hopefully I can photograph some of my recent paintings. I haven't quite mastered photographing my paintings with a flash. They just don't come out well.
With the holiday weekend ahead of us, and only one three day swim meet to attend, I hope to finish lots of paintings this weekend!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love love love the thick paint! Good to remember...less detail and more paint. I have to keep that in mind.
I've 'tagged' you over at my blog. Come by when you have a chance to see about this.

Marian Fortunati said...

Very Moooooooving!! ;o>

Leslie Saeta said...

Karen,
Thanks for tagging me! I love your artwork and appreciate that you mentioned me in your blog. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails