The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sailing Past the Marina

Pin It
"Sailing Past the Marina"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
Sold.
It is too hot to do anything in Los Angeles today. It is almost 100 degrees outside and my house is full of Christmas decorations ... including a fresh Christmas tree. Why you ask? We are filming a Hallmark commercial at my house this week. Five rooms in my house are covered head to toe in decorations, my master bedroom has been transformed into a little girls room and every window is blacked out to make it look like nighttime. Ah ... the magic of Hollywood.
I have been hiding upstairs in my studio and office all day ... trying to stay out of the way. So I painted something as far from Christmas as I could imagine. Bah humbug ...

8 comments:

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Love the "pop" of the colors here. Do I hear Christmas music?? I am hoping you had the forethought to stategically place your artwork on the walls in every scene....kind of a subliminal impact--suddenly everyone cares enough to send the very best..a Leslie Saeta painting!

Vicki Shuck said...

Love that orange and blue! And congratulations on your show success! Very deserved!

mary said...

I just found you through another blog and love your work. So glad your show was such a success. I'll be back.

julie davis said...

Love it! I can't imagine Christmas in this heat! I do hope you snuck a painting in there somehow!

a painting a day: Jessie said...

Delicious colors!! Great painting, once again.

Rick said...

About the mid sixties where I live. You need to move north. Love the painting. Very nice.

Marian Fortunati said...

But as usual it's really really lovely!!!

Carolina said...

Beautiful, Leslie, I really love this one... that purple touch is uplifting...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails