The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Orange is My New Favorite Color

Pin It
Sitting in the Dock of the Bay Oil, 10" x 8"
This painting is for sale.

So, it is true. Time for sage green to step aside (I know my girlfriends won't believe me) but orange is now officially my favorite color. I should have seen it coming as the color has slowly "crept in to my house" and is starting to appear in every room. I even tried to paint the walls of my newly remodeled master bath orange, but my husband wouldn't go for it. And that is a good thing because orange looks much better in towels and artwork in a bathroom.
If I start wearing orange clothes all of the time, please shoot me.

I painted this painting this weekend while watching (or more like listening to) the Laker game. The painting started slow, I was behind halfway through, but finished strong. Just like the Lakers!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I am so impressed at how with the knife you achieve both these amazingly crisp edges as well as blended passages. I keep looking at this painting in its large state for clues. I find that so challenging to do!

p.s. I can't get orange off of my palette either. I've tried, I don't even use it a whole lot, but it always needs to be there! :)

Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Leslie! I LOVE your paintings - such strong images & great textures! Yep, the palette knife is the "most fun tool" in my studio, too!! Cheers, Roxanne

FCP said...

After seeing this lovely painting, Leslie, I think MY favorite color is orange.Your palette knife technique creates wonderful textures--bravo!
Faye

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails