The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Making New Year's Resolutions ...

Pin It
"Overlooking Berkeley"
Oil, 10" x 8"
Sold.

It's New Year's Eve and many of us are contemplating whether or not it makes sense to make a few "New Year's resolutions". I realize for many these resolutions are a bad idea. Broken promises, bad diets and lost workout plans are often the result. But I have got one that I think you can (and should) do!

Tomorrow I start another Thirty Paintings in 30 Days Painting Challenge. As of this minute, there are 885 artists participating in the challenge with me. And they are from 23 countries! This is the fifth Thirty Painting in Thirty Days Challenge I have hosted. This challenge is a great way to start the new year on January1, 2015. Our goal is to paint 30 paintings in 30 days. It's more about painting and having fun than anything else but we all hope to complete 30 new paintings during the month. It's completely fine if you miss a few days. Nobody will know but you. In fact nobody will care but you! Life gets in the way sometimes and if that happens, don't sweat it. The only "rule" is to have fun. That's it!


So why should you join this challenge? The challenge is not about finishing 30 gallery quality "perfect" paintings. It's about getting in to the studio to try new things. It's about painting more often. It's about having fun and developing new habits. This challenge has changed the lives of many artists and I hope you you will experience the same. It's important to remember you are not doing this challenge alone. So far we have over 880 artists (in 23 countries) commit to painting every day in January. So let's share and support each other. 

The website for the Thirty Paintings in 30 Days Challenge is here. You can register for the challenge on this site and you will be added to the map posted at the top of my blog. You can also post a photo (with a link) of your painting on my blog everyday. The visibility is fantastic and for many artists the sales were great too!

I am trying something completely new. I will be painting abstracts. Thirty of them to be exact. I am so excited and so far I love it! 

Think about it. This might be a New Year's resolution you will want to keep.

Check out my 2015 workshop schedule! I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta, Charlotte and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information! I am offering Online Studio painting classes every month! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife! Click here to sign up! www.dickblick.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails