The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

30 in 30 - Day Fifteen - SOLD

Pin It
My Favorite Things - 30 Paintings in 30 Days
"Waiting For the Ride", Oil, 12" x 12"
Sold.

I know what you are thinking. Hmmm ... that painting looks a lot like boats. Now I could try to convince you that these aren't boats. But I wont go there, I promise.
Instead I am going to tell you the honest truth. In my three day workshop this week my students really wanted to paint boats. In fact, I always paint boats on one day of my workshop. I mean, that's what I am kind of known for. So it's Day Two of my workshop and we painted boats. And since I lead the demo I painted one too. Then tonight I cooked dinner for the class. Then we talked, had fun and at 9:00 tonight there was no way I was going to head out to the studio and paint a painting. Fatigue had set in ...
I kind of mentioned my dilemma in my workshop today and it was unanimous among my students that I needed to follow the #1 rule of the Challenge ... to have fun. It was also suggested that I give myself a break and post my boat photo from today. Needless to say, I totally agreed with them.
We are half way done with the 30 in 30 Challenge. It's been awesome. But I want you all to promise me that you will give each of yourselves a break. I am not suggesting that you skip a day.  But if you need to, then go ahead. Just get back on track as soon as you can. For those of you that haven't been able to keep up, no one knows but you! Just keep painting and post here when you can. And it's alright to push yourself. But no guilt, ok?
For all of you that have posted every day ... congrats! You are awesome and I hope you can keep it up for 15 more days. 
Finally, for any of you that want to paint boats. Go ahead ...



Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

1 comment:

JanettMarie said...

Now that's having fun.
: )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails