The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, January 25, 2013

30 in 30 - Day Twenty - Four

Pin It


My Favorite Things - 30 Paintings in 30 Days
"Pick me!", Oil, 6" x 6"
$200.00 with display easel.
Click here for purchase information.


I have been asked a lot about what my plans will be when the "30 in 30" Challenge is over. My plan is to paint. A lot. Hopefully every day.

But I am not going to start another "30 in 30" Challenge in February, I promise.

There are so many positive things that have happened to all of us this month. My blog this month had over 40,000 visitors. That's right, 40,000. I am shocked and completely blown away. I am most excited that there were so many people looking at all of your art! For those of you that participated in the challenge, I think we are more motivated, confident and feeling like we are better painters. Of course, the dishes are piled up and our families are neglected. Ha ha.

Seriously though, January was a fast sprint for all of us to get back in the studio and paint. I think it worked and I know many of you are excited from all of the new exposure and sales.

I think February will be a good month to slow down a bit, relieve some of the pressure and start painting bigger and more involved paintings. But I don't want to lose the momentum. That's why I will paint every day. I just might not finish a painting every day.

In order to keep us all motivated and working together, I would like to invite you to visit my blog every weekend (in February) and post two of your paintings from that week. Just be sure to include a different link for each painting. (I recommend that you put the link to the page on your website where the painting is for sale. Makes sense, doesn't it?) Knowing that you can post two paintings every weekend should keep you on track to continue painting. But give you the flexibility to try different things and have a life at the same time. Ha!

As you can see from my painting today I am still painting spools. For some reason this painting reminds me of my three boys. Very similar but different. Built the same but with different personalities. And very colorful personalities ...

So just when you thought you were done with me I hope I have enticed you a bit to keep the momentum going ... in the meantime, we are getting close to Day 30!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails