The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Thirteen

Pin It

"Bridal Shoppe"
Oil, 12" x 12" on museum quality panel
$500.00
Click here to purchase.

Thirty Things You Don't Know About Me

#13 - I made my wedding dress. And I wore it down the aisle 28 years ago today.

My mom taught me how to sew at a very young age. I am sure she had no idea that I would enjoy it as much as I did. But I spent a good 15 years of my life "sewing up a storm". I made gifts, coats, suits, party dresses, quilts, tailored outfits, Halloween costumes and my own wedding dress.

I designed my own gown and used four different patterns to make the dress. I made the entire thing in muslin first just to make sure the gown would fit and look how I wanted it to. Then I applied 1200 pearls to the lace (by hand) and made the dress out of antique silk. It was truly a labor of love. But I loved it.

It's hard to believe I wore the dress down the aisle 28 years ago today. I try to remember every day that I am a very lucky girl. I have a wonderful husband who is the love of my life and three amazing boys. I am truly blessed. And here is the dress:


Next week I am releasing my 2015 workshop schedule. I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information!

I am also offering Monday Online Studio painting classes beginning October 2014! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife! Click here to find out more.
www.dickblick.com

1 comment:

Tam Foree said...

Your wedding dress store painting is so, so cute, Leslie!! I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails