The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Three

Pin It
"Hold the Olives"
Oil, 8" x 8" on canvas panel
$350.00 with display easel.
Click here to purchase.

Thirty Things You Don't Know About Me

#3 - The only food that I do not like is olives.

I can only think of one food item that I absolutely cannot tolerate. It's olives. I am not sure what it is about them, but the taste is just awful. I also think my phobia is hereditary as none of my boys like olives either. So why do restaurants feel obligated to include olives in a dish when they don't even mention it in the menu? I can't tell you how many times I have ordered a salad or pizza or pasta only to find olives on my plate!

I think I have a pretty developed palette (food, not paint). I am a good cook and I have no problem trying new recipes. I love experimenting in the kitchen. And I do love trying new foods! I enjoy cooking with olive oil (in the bottle or even spray). But I have to draw the line when it comes to olives. Even in a vodka martini. Sorry y'all.

So please, hold the olives.

I have a few spots open in my South Pasadena workshop this month. We are painting large canvases and I would love it if you could join me! Click here for more information. This week I am releasing my 2015 workshop schedule. I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information!

I am also offering Monday Online Studio painting classes beginning October 2014! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife!
Click here to sign up!

 www.dickblick.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails