The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, January 23, 2009

More Boats

Pin It
Favorite Boats Oil, 8" x 10"
This painting is for sale.
Another crazy day at the house. We hosted the Stanford Men's volleyball team for lunch (they played USC tonight). You can only imagine how much eighteen 6'8" young men can eat!
I love this painting. Very loose but really fun to paint. I have plans to do a lot of painting this weekend plus tomorrow is the Artist Reception at White's Gallery in Montrose. If you are free, I will be there from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. See you there!

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Beautiful!! I read on Karen's blog that you were there. I couldn't go to the reception and now I'm even more bummed ... Would have loved to meet you and tell you in person how much I enjoy seeing your work.
I wish I could control the palette knife like you to. Your work is fresh and light and happy!
Hey.... I see from you little bio that you went to UC Santa Barbara too!! ... although I probably graduated before you were born. Oh well it was a great place to go to school ...even back then.
Happy painting.

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks Marian! The reception was lovely and the art was amazing! I met a lot of the members from the Pasadena Society of Artists and that was great. One of these days we will have to meet - I love your art and would love to get some advice about the art world. Thanks again for your kind words!
(Class of 1981 by the way.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails