The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sunflower II - SOLD

Pin It
"Sunflower II"
Oil, 6" x 6" framed.
Sold.
This painting was a commission for the holidays. The owner of the original painting asked me to create a similar one for a gift. Since it's one of my all time favorite paintings, I absolutely loved painting this one.
New Year's Day is quoted as being one of the most "underwhelming holidays". But I think today is a very important day. It's the day that all of us should take a minute to reflect on last year and decide at least one thing we want to accomplish for 2012. It's the day we can step out of our comfort zone and decide to try something different. It's the day we can look back and decide what worked best in 2011 and realize we need to do more of the "good things". It's the day we can set a few goals and put the one, really exciting opportunity at the top of the list. Why not? It's a new year and a great chance to go out there and make this the best year ever in our art careers.
I've got my goals for 2012. The lost is a lot shorter (yes Dreama, I have learned from you!) but I am so excited about my list that I can hardly wait to get started. In fact, I am going to get started right now. Here's to another great year!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails