The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, May 13, 2013

30 Marketing Ideas in 30 Days - Day 13

Pin It
"One Fish, Two Fish"
Oil, 12" x 12" on canvas panel.
Click here to purchase.

Day 13 of the Marketing Challenge is a good one. But this one is going to push you a bit out of your comfort zone. Today you need to get out of the studio and head in to town and talk to someone local about your art. Now I know you are wondering what I mean by "someone local". Ideally, you will go to a local store, restaurant, furniture store or interior designer. Grab a business card, your ipad and some photos of your art and just walk right on in. Tell them about your art and explain that you would like to sell your art at their business. Be prepared to pay them a commission (of course) so you will need to think about it first.
But don't think about it all day and then convince yourself that it's too late to head out in to town.
I know I am asking a lot. But this could be huge for your art. And if you have a story to share about this Challenge, please post a comment below!
Leslie


Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops and my webinARTs classes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails