The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

30 Marketing Ideas in 30 Days - Day 28

Pin It
"Summer Lemonade"
Oil, 8" x 8" on canvas panel
Click here to view and purchase.
(This painting was painted today at my Monday Open Studio. If you live in So. Cal. and would like to join me for a fun day of painting, follow this link.)

I am asked all the time why I don't add a watermark to my images posted on line. I am not sure exactly why I don't do it. But it is something I think about all of the time.


I used to think it was just too much trouble and a hassle to add a watermark. But recently I discovered a free online program called Picmarkr. It took me about 30 seconds to add a watermark and the program offers lots of options. You can add the image just about anywhere on the photo and you can choose white ink, black ink, etc. Here are two different options I used to watermark one of my newer paintings.

  

Posting your artwork online is crucial to getting your art seen by others. If you are worried about dishonest people stealing your image then add a watermark. It's your choice!

The Day 28 Challenge is to try Picmarkr, as it is a free online program. It takes less than a minute to watermark one of your images. Even if you don't decide to use it, book mark the site because you may need it later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails