The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

30 Marketing Ideas in 30 Days - Day 18

Pin It
"Hanging With Friends"
Oil, 12" x 12" framed.
Click here to view and purchase.

A few weeks ago a friend of mine posted on her Facebook page that she was thrilled to have been selected as a Featured Artist on Jerry's Artarama Facebook page. When I clicked the link I thought it was pretty cool and I decided to enter my own art. Sure enough, two weeks later I was selected as the weekly Featured Artist and my art was on the cover of their Facebook page. 

If you aren't familiar with Jerry's Artarama they are a great art supply store. Although I haven't ever actually visited one of their stores in person (I don't think they have any in California) I have ordered from them online. In fact one year they offered a groupon discount that was almost 50% off a $150 purchase. I was so excited about the deal that I posted it on Facebook. A ton of my artist friends took advantage of the special. It was awesome!

Anyway, I ended up selling a painting as a direct result of being a Jerry's Artarama featured artist. So can you guess what today's challenge is?

Go to Jerry's Artarama Facebook page. It's pretty entertaining as last week they ran a "sloppy studio contest". You might want to check out the photos. Pretty scary. But hilarious.

Right below their Timeline photo you will see four photos. The last one says "Call for Artists ... Enter Fan Gallery". Click that link and fill out the form. Be sure to attach photos of your best paintings. Each week they pick 20 artists to be part of the Fan Gallery and one is selected as the Featured Artist. You can enter every week if you want. It's free to enter and you never know what might happen. 

Give it a try! This challenge should take you about five minutes ...

 Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops and my webinARTs classes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails