The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

30 Marketing Ideas in 30 Days - Day 29

Pin It

"Lots of Cuties"
Oil, 8" x 8" on canvas panel.
Click here to view and purchase.

I cannot believe there are only two days left in our Challenge! I thought long and hard about what I should post for the last two days. What do I think is one of the most important things to marketing your art? Staying organized. Because without it you will never get ahead. No matter how hard you try!

My family technically "ditched me" this holiday weekend. My middle son came home from college but went to visit his brothers and my husband went to Kentucky to play in the Volleyball Nationals. So I decided to use these three days to completely re-organize my office and studio and to put in place some new systems for my art business. Wow. What a difference a few days make.



The problem with being organized is staying organized. At least it is for me. So my project this weekend included creating a shipping/framing area in my studio (pictured above), cleaning out every drawer, cupboard and shelf and adding ipad holders for all of my workshop students. I also re-did my expense recording system (the old "system" wasn't really a system) and all of my expenses are now recorded in receipts2go. Plus I completely reorganized my office which took almost an entire day.

I created an Art Binder earlier in the year and it has been the most valuable tool I have for staying organized. The tabs are: To Do, Paintings, Sales/Commissions, Workshops, WebinARTs, AHA, Events, New Ideas, Merchandise, Newsletter, Books, Open Studio, On-line Painting Classes ... I am sure more tabs will be added. Every idea, to-do list and thought is put in this notebook!


So the Day 29 Challenge is to start getting organized. Make a list of all of the things you know you need to do. Make an Art Binder for your business if you think that will help you to keep all of your ideas and tasks in one place. Then prioritize the list and tackle one item today. You will soon be well on your way to getting organized. And once that happens, you can focus on marketing your art.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails