The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

30 in 30, Day Twenty-five

Pin It
A Day at the Beach
36" x 48"
Acrylic on stretched canvas.
NFS.

We are really nearing the end of the 30 Day Challenge. I have mixed emotions as the month has been both amazing and challenging. (That's a good thing, right?) I fully intend to continue painting close to this pace next month. But there is something nice about not having the PRESSURE to paint every day. I also think I will be able to sleep more. And that's a good thing.

Today's painting is another one for the beach house. It's big, as in 48" x 36". I am contemplating taking this painting one step further. I would like to hand stamp words on the painting that have to do with our family (such as names of streets we have lived on, colleges, sports, etc.). I already have a list of all of the words, I am just not sure how it would look. It would be a fun surprise for my boys so I will probably do it. If I decide to try it, it will be a project for Friday.

Tonight I framed all of the Beach Boys album covers I bought on ebay and at antique stores. They look great and will be fun art for the walls in the beach house. I am not exactly sure where they will hang but I will find a place.

Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Carmel, Indiana, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

2 comments:

Pat Fiorello said...

Hi Leslie, I am trying to complete the 30 In 30 challenge while teaching in Italy. I have used up all the paintings/drafts I put into blogger before I left for my travels so am now trying load new paintings done here. Just have my iPad and the blogger app but it doesn't seem to allow me to access photos stored on the iPad. I know you travel a lot and continue to post. Any suggestions on how to post photos to my blog on an iPad? Thanks

Pat Fiorello said...

Hi Leslie, I am trying to complete the 30 In 30 challenge while teaching in Italy. I have used up all the paintings/drafts I put into blogger before I left for my travels so am now trying load new paintings done here. Just have my iPad and the blogger app but it doesn't seem to allow me to access photos stored on the iPad. I know you travel a lot and continue to post. Any suggestions on how to post photos to my blog on an iPad? Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails