The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

30 in 30, Day Eleven

Pin It
"Together"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200.00
Click here for information.

I am very fortunate to be able to teach a wonderful group of artists this week in my Carriage House. We had a very fun dinner tonight (authentic Italian ... salmon cannelloni with lemongrass, ginger and lime sauce; pasta with lemon pesto sauce, salad, asparagus and of course ... salty caramel gelato!) Of course my husband was kind enough to bring up some Italian wine from the wine cellar.

This morning I did a demo on "painting figures". After I finished, we all decided the two figures might make a great painting! So I am posting "Together" as my Day 11 painting and I am now one ahead as the "boat painting" from today is also finished! Yippee!


Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Carmel, Indiana, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Seem to be walking on the beach! Makes me want to be there too.

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

This is lovely Leslie. As I study the painting I see that one can abstractly and successfully separate the ground from the background...if you know what I mean. Sometimes I struggle with that as I never want to create a "line" of separation that takes a viewer off the page at each side.

Nancy Standlee said...

Nice.. something to think about for next week?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails