The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

30 in 30, Day Five

Pin It
"Laying Around"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel
$200.00 with display easel
Click here for information. 

I hope the fact that I have not been able to "paint ahead" and that I had to wake up before 6:00 am this morning to finish my painting is an inspiration to all of you who are in the same place as me! It's funny how, if I have a goal, I will get it done. I think when this Challenge is over I am going to paint "every other day". And I am not kidding. I have finally learned how important goals are, especially when it comes to painting.

I spent yesterday up at Ventura Beach (hence, the need for my early morning to paint ...) and the house is looking amazing! We passed the inspection and the door and window mouldings are being added. What a difference. They also hung my new front door. I cannot believe how amazing it looks. The beach house will be a wonderful place to stay for my workshops and I can't wait to host my students! I started embroidering the robes that will be placed in each room and bought all of the bath towels at the Restoration Hardware outlet. Now I just need to make ten more pillows! I will take a lot of pictures this weekend and add a new post to my blog with all of the recent progress.



Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I just have one spot open in my three day “Painting in Italy” workshop scheduled September 9 – 11, 2013. The workshop will be held at my Carriage House in South Pasadena. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails